The third drawer's for shit. And it's full of it.

Monday, October 17, 2005

I hear the words screaming in pain..

Of all the crap I have to deal with, the semi-literate funeral directors are perhaps the most annoying (if least important). I *hate* it when people mangle the English language..

I can understand people getting the spelling of atherosclerosis a little wrong, and hyperkalaemia, myelofibrosis, lymphoblastic leukaemia, and hypercholesterolaemia are perhaps difficult to the untrained eye. But the number of them who manage to misspell simple things like 'accident','severe', 'disease'. or even 'arrest' is mind boggling.

As a hair-tearing example (well, scalp scratching in my case) this FD managed to spell the relatively straightforward 'Non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus' thus:

none- insucin dopondont diabotes mercitios

WTF?!

What LANGUAGE is that?!

Stop it! Just STOP! You're driving me INSANE!

*bangs head on keyboard*

No comments:

About Me

My photo
May contain traces of weird